Lies/anti-abortion/reducing unwanted pregnancies
If the "anti-abortion" forced birth movement truly wanted to reduce unwanted pregnancies, they would support:
- birth control
- easy access to birth control
- free access to birth control
- comprehensive sex education in all schools
- ...with emphasis on the proper use of contraceptives
- teaching adolescents mutual masturbation as an alternative to sex
- empowering girls/women (so they can say "no" and mean it) by teaching equality and mutual respect
- gay marriage (and homosexuality in general), since gay couples can't reproduce accidentally
They oppose every one of these items, however, typically giving bullshit arguments:
- Providing access to birth control, or teaching about birth control, encourages kids to have sex by giving the impression of condoning it.
- "I don't want to pay for someone else's birth control!"
- Masturbation is sinful.
- Women have a special role in society.
What they really want, of course, is for women to be unable to prevent pregnancy and to be forced to carry all pregnancies to term.
- 2015-09-07 Christian Right Still Trying to Create More Unwanted Pregnancies
- 2005-03-02 Abortion foes shun Democrats’ proposal to reduce pregnancies (via) (archive) "Tony Perkins of the conservative Family Research Council said, “Their idea of reducing unintended pregnancies is more sex education and distribution of contraceptives. [...] That’s not the solution, that’s part of the problem.""