Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are a number of arguments often brought up as if they countered a given claim when, in fact, they do not. Each of these claims may or may not be true; the point is that they are irrelevant even if they are true.
- a sign isn't going to stop a criminal
- criminals don't obey laws
- federal debt is now at an all-time high - a claim that can be made whenever there is a deficit
- government doesn't care about you
- mammals cannot change sex
- Mars is warming
- nobody can predict the future
- other planets are warming
- Pluto is warming
- Switzerland has high gun ownership and low gun crime
- that's your argument, not mine
- who are you to decide?
- Women have uteruses and ovaries
- you can prove anything on the internet